The Blue N’ White Tonight Podcast
Season 1- Episode 9
We’ve had some great guests on since the show premiered back on August 23 of this year including:
- “The Voice of the Marlies” Todd Crocker
- Former Leaf Greg Terrion
- Paul Hendrick of Leafs TV
- “The Voice of the Toronto Maple Leafs” Joe Bowen
- Chris Johnston of Sportsnet
- Jude MacDonald of Leafs Hub
- Former Hockey Night in Canada Video Montage Maker Tim Thompson
This week it was our pleasure to have one of the greatest pure goal scorers to ever wear the blue and white. He was the captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs from 1982-1986 and is the only player to score 50+ goals three times for the club. Of course, we could only be talking about Rick Vaive. Highlights included:
- Rick’s reaction to hearing the clip of him scoring his 50th goal on March 24/ 1982.
- His thoughts on former teammates Darryl Sittler, Borje Salming, Wendel Clark, Mike Palmateer, Bob McGill, and Steve Thomas.
- He answers several “true or false” questions regarding his nickname and his fear of flying.
- His reactions to stories told about him by former roommate Greg Terrion on the show last month.
The show ran a little long and for that reason we had to edit out a 28-minute segment in which Rick talks about the current direction of the Toronto Maple Leafs as we know them. That segment will instead be released on NEXT WEEK’S show.
In this clip, host Robb Ellis asks Rick what he thought of the 2014-15 season which included the infamous “Salutegate” and the team’s epic collapse!
Rick Vaive is a proud man and takes his past as a former Toronto Maple Leaf captain very seriously. However, his views on today’s game are far from dated. The passion for this game is still there and running through his blood which is very much blue and white. Tune in next week when he lets us know what direction he thinks that the organization is heading. Don’t miss it!
Please send all comments, opinions, and hate mail to: email@example.com or hit me up on Twitter: @robb_ellis
Check out the official website of the show at: bnwtpodcast.com