CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS (2-0-0) vs TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (2-0-0)
October 9th, 2017
Before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, today is not a day to be worried. Today is a day we should all be thankful. It is Thanksgiving, the day to give thanks.
A quick Leafs List of thanks.
- I am thankful for Brendan Shanahan. With out him this organization would still be riding a landslide of life without accountability, structure, poor player morale and being the laughing stock of the NHL.
- I am thankful for Lou Lamoriello. Without him, morons like Darren Dreger would still have the inside scoop of shit that this organization once was. He brings a no bullshit attitude, a business mindset and quotes like “an unfortunate set of circumstances”
- I am thankful for Kyle Dubas and Mark Hunter. Mark for finding great talent in later draft rounds and Kyle for helping develop them in the Marlies organization. Both of them will become great NHL GMs one day and it will be unfortunate when the Leafs lose one of them.
- I am thankful for Mike Babcock. When a coach has the balls to say stuff like “I’ve got this year and seven more here, and then I’m going to stay for two more because the team’s going to be that good.” You shut-up, sit there, and listen to him.
- I am thankful for Auston Matthews, William Nylander and Mitch Marner. Matthews for being a tank, and just blowing the competition away. Nylander for being one of the smoothest and lethal scorers to don a Maple Leafs sweater. And Marner for being that good Toranna Boy, who reminds me so much of “The Little Engine That Could”
- I am thankful for “One More Calendar Year”…. Why? Cuz July 1st 2018, Joffery The Injured Lupul and Tyler Deer in Headlights Bozak will be off the books and just a faint memory from some horrible years in Toronto.
- I am thankful for my Leafs Hub family who kept me sane through some really shit hockey.
- I am thankful for Josh Leivo. He has officially become the Frank Corrado of the 2017/2018 season.
- I am thankful for Matt Martin. Without Matt, many fans would only leave their basements for Meatloaf.
- I am thankful for Nazem Kadri. Kadri surprised many of us, and became one hell of a shutdown Centre. He doesn’t have the hardest shot around, but it sure finds the back of the net.
- I am thankful for the comment section being real and not a bunch of tea drinking, biscuit eating, lace glove wearing snowflakes.
- Thank You MLSE, thank you for finally doing what is right. #TANK
I hope some of you smiled and some of you are pissed off, that was my goal.
Tonight the good guys host the bad guys at the ACC. The bad guys happen to be the Chicago Blackhawks for the evening. Both the Hawks and Leafs have accumulated 15 goals in 2 games, both have a perfect record, only difference being the Hawk have only allowed 2 goals and Toronto has allowed 7.
Fortunately for the Maple Leafs, the Blackhawks, who enjoy padding their numbers, have protected their number 1 goalie Corey Crawford from this evenings onslaught of pucks. The Leafs are set to retire goalie Anton Forsberg. Poor Anton is carrying a career .879 sv% and may play in his last NHL game tonight when both Matt Martin and Leo Komarov score 7 goals each and finally chase him from between the pipes, late in the second period.
Enough talk, lets watch some fucking puck.
Hyman — Matthews — Nylander
Marleau — Kadri — Komarov
JvR — Bozak — Marner
Martin — Fehr — Brown
Rielly — Hainsey
Gardiner — Zaitsev
Borgman — Carrick
Saad — Toews — Panik
Hartman — Anisimov — Kane
DeBrincat — Kero — Sharp
Bouma — Wingels — Hayden
Keith — Seabrook
Kempny — Murphy
Forsling — Rutta