BLUE JACKETS (49-24-8) at MAPLE LEAFS (40-26-15)
7:00 pm (HNIC)
I honestly sat at my computer this morning for almost 30 minutes staring into a blank work page on my Google Drive and couldn’t come up with anything to say. Of course I have the pleasure of writing this upcoming mediocrity in comparison to Jude MacDonald’s Game Day Report yesterday. Another reason, I believe that I am still in some sort of shock. Shocked that our Buds clinched a playoff spot. More so shocked that I watched a team last night that did not dare just roll over and die when the Penguins went up 3-2. I watched as Matthews, Nylander, Brown, Kadri, to name a few, take over that game like they owned it. Like they wanted it more, and they stole it back from the Penguins.
With a win tonight, the Leafs will play Ottawa in the first round. We have all seen this story play out, to be honest some of us have only read about it. Being one that lived all those Battle of Ontario, I would have to say that the Senators organization, not the fans due to a lack there of, will be watching the out of town scoreboard very closely. All we can do now is watch, yell, scream, jump and send our Buds in Blue good vibes. They will need it playing a rested Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Auston Matthews currently sits at 69 points, tee hee
- William Nylander and Mitch Marner are tied for 3rd in rookie scoring at 61 pts
- Connor Brown and Nikita Zaitsev can slide into the top 10 rookies with a point each
- With one point Zach Hyman can crack the top 20 Rookies
- With all that said, the Maple Leafs could finish the season with five rookies in the Top 20.
- Maple Leafs are currently sitting in 14th by points, last year they were 30th
- Fuck off Torts
- Auston Matthews is tied in points with some lame dicks named Alex Ovechkin and Phil Kessel
- The Maple Leafs are 5th in the league in goals for
- Max Pacioretty has a weird face
- My favorite word is fuck
- Blue Jackets defenseman Zach Werenski missed his third straight game with a shoulder injury Saturday
- If Mitch Marner scores tonight, the Maple Leafs would have 6 players with 20 goals
- Roman Polak is a plus 10 and will eat you for breakfast
- Last season the Leafs only scored 192 goals, This season they have scored 248
- The last time the Leafs made the playoffs after an 82 game season I was 23 years old. Our leading goal scorer is 19. Perspective.
- Matt Hunwick has 4 more 5v5 points than Shea Weber
- Bon, again, did not read this
- Fredrick Andersen does not have a concussion, Twitter Dr’s say otherwise
- None of the above was bullshit
My only worry for tonight’s battle, is that Columbus is 0-5-1 in their last 6 and are searching for something to hold onto going into the playoffs.
Match up by the numbers
|49 – 24 – 8||Season||40 – 26 – 15|
|2 – 6 – 2||Last 10||7 – 3 – 0|
It is easy to sit here and write a bunch of bullshit about how great this season really shaped up to be. All bullshit aside, if we want the easier team to beat moving forward and hopefully moving into the second round, we need two points from today’s game. Well fuck my ass, the calculator cowboys have said we only need one point to play Ottawa, ya ya ya they are correct. BUT. Someone who has done many things, not just sports, where the ultimate goal is winning, knows all too well that mentally and emotionally, that just isn’t enough. Mentally you want to glide into the playoffs/next round on a high. You want to go into the playoffs feeling; you came, you saw, you succeeded, and conquered.
Fuck the OT loser point. We all want more videos to add to this.
Projected Line Combinations
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
Hyman — Matthews — Nylander
Komarov — Kadri — Brown
van Riemsdyk — Bozak — Marner
Martin — Boyle — Kapanen
Rielly — Carrick
Gardiner — Zaitsev
Hunwick — Polak
COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
Foligno — Dubinsky — Atkinson
Saad — Wennberg — Gagner
Hartnell — Jenner — Bjorkstrand
Calvert — Karlsson — Anderson
Carlsson — Jones
Johnson — Savard
Quincey — Nutivaara
Mike Babcock – Morning Skate – April 09, 2017
ADMINISTRATORS NOTE: So Brendan Shanahan has finally ridden us of being the mediocrity mockery we were for 13 seasons. I hope his next challenge will be ridding the ACC of all the morbid Paul Bearers who occupy the lower bowl for most of the season. Time to make our barn the hardest barn to play in.